The NFL Draft marks the introduction of ESPNDB, a sports encyclopedia-style content database powered by ESPN Stats & Information group and integrated on ESPN.com, ESPN Mobile, ESPN Video, ESPN Search and more, offering more than 500 pages of content. During the draft, ESPNDB will have content updated in real-time before, during and after the draft. Content highlights:
- Detailed profiles of all NFL Draft-eligible players (approx. 400)
- Dedicated pages cataloging every modern era NFL Draft (1967-present)
- Dedicated team pages for all 32 NFL clubs
- Sortable database of NFL combine results from the past five years
- Dedicated pages for Senior Bowl, Shrine Game and other Draft topics
In addition, ESPNDB will feature a unique new trial of clickable video interface powered by VideoClix, which allows users to receive additional information about people, places and things in the video while they watch. With more than 30 video clips of likely top draft picks (including college highlights, commentary and feature material) fans can mouse over various images on-screen, which activates a box containing additional editorial information as well as an innovative, measurable and non-intrusive delivery of advertising. Marketers can have video content relating to their brands tagged, and VideoClix technology can deliver additional information and provide one-click access to further information or purchase opportunities.